Forest therapy is inspired by the Japanese practice of Shinrin-Yoku, which means ‘taking in the forest atmosphere’. It involves immersing yourself in a natural environment, awakening your senses and reconnecting with yourself and your natural surroundings.
It has grown in popularity across the world in different formats as a holistic antidote to the stresses of everyday life. A life where we spend most of our time indoors, attached to screens, with a constant flow of news, updates and stimuli. We rarely take the time to slow down away from manmade demands and distractions, which can mean we’re living in a heightened state of stress most of the time.
Forest therapy is a research-based framework which supports our physical, social and mental wellbeing. And we continue to discover more about the science behind its positive healing impact.
It ‘s been known for centuries that the natural world is good for our wellbeing. We have evolved from being outside, so it’s not surprising we feel better when we return to our natural environment.
The health and wellbeing benefits of forest therapy include:
- a welcome sense of calm
- leaving with feelings of being relaxed, uplifted, restored and reconnected
- emergence of feelings and emotions which are often blocked by the noise and pace of everyday life
- reduces elevated blood pressure
- alleviates stress
- reduces anxiety
- boosts immune system
It is important to note that every experience is individual. The guide is there to open the door to the experience but nature is there to offer you what you need in that moment.
To learn more about the experiences, feel free to browse any of the media articles featured on the Home page or follow my journey to becoming a certified guide within my Blog. There is also a free e-book you can download to learn how to welcome more nature into your life. And in Resources, you can enjoy some micro pause sessions from your home or workplace.
What to expect
Open your senses
"Awesome. Beautiful. Inspiring! Sam Wright's passion and energy shines through as she guides her clients through the beauty of the forest - sharing her love of nature and helping to share the healing energy of nature. Sam is such a beautiful spirit and so closely aligned with Mother Earth and her bountiful gifts.
Thank you Sam xx"
Ways to experience forest therapy
I offer experiences within the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside in public and private estates and woodlands. I also run exclusive retreats and experiences in locations across the UK.
You can choose from:
– Private: One-to-one or small group forest therapy to escape from the demands and distractions of everyday life. Carve out time and space to focus on your needs or a special occasion.
– Public: Join one of our regular group experiences, with freedom for individual exploration and the opportunity to form a powerful bond with other group members.
– Corporate Wellbeing: Create an experience for your team to help promote wellbeing, reduce stress and boost productivity, while cementing and developing team relations.
Forest therapy walks occur throughout the seasons and a bespoke experience can be created for any occasion or need. Please get in touch so we can explore and create something truly magical.